My CD "Above the Clouds" was released in 2011. This is an eclectic mix of my some of my favorite pieces, played on harp and recorders. All parts were played by me and I recorded/produced this album in the privacy of my own home.
The musical selections are (click on the title for a sample of the piece):
Olivia's Song (by RoJean Loucks - visit RoJean's site)
- Salina (Kansas) harper RoJean Loucks has many pieces available (at www.roharps.com) including this delightful 'music box' written for her granddaughter. This can be found in her book “Reflections.”
- An Irish "planxty" is a piece written in honor (or memory) of a particular person. In this case Merlin, a helper dog (a Sheltie), who was a faithful and loving companion before his passing. It can be found in her book “Ginger’s Little Harp Book.”
Harper's frolic/Kemp's jig (a couple of traditional dances)
Annwvyn "The mystical otherworld" (by Christina Tourin - visit Christina's site)
- Of Annwvyn Christina says “This tune came to me after going to King Arthur’s Labyrinth while visiting Wales. This and many other pieces can be found in “Illuminations: Healing music for harp or piano.”
- This music box waltz came to me one day while sitting beside my lily pond. The fairy lights came to dance as I played.
- Having collaborated with Pamela on several CDs, Forest Stroll, found in her book ”Midsummer Meadow,” remains one of my all time favorites.
- It is a great pleasure to play with Steve in the Castle & Cross Consort. He regularly brings new pieces for us to play. This one is a depiction of mice discovering pies leftover after a party.
Twilight (by Meg Robinson - visit Meg's site)
- Meg Robinson (www.megrobinsonmusic.com) has created a work which is as peaceful as that magical time of day. Her music is published by Afghan Press.
- Another gem from “Ginger’s” book, this is a final goodbye to a four-legged friend and long time companion.
- This sublime piece says it all. That magical place we all yearn for is “Above the Clouds” but also within.
**Steve plays in the Castle & Cross Consort with me and does not have a website. However, the Consort does have two CDs of our own on CD Baby with more of his music recorded. Please stop by and check out these at some point. Steve does have some photos on Flickr. Check them out.
It is available on CD Baby or from me in person.
With CD Baby you can use PayPal or Credit Card, buy a physical disc or download individual songs or the entire CD.
CDs from me are $12 a piece (plus shipping and tax). Order form can be found here. I am set up with PayPal but I am still learning how the new server and web creator work. In the meantime feel free to use jim (at) harperbear.com to send money. If you are outside the continental US, please use shipping rate of $13.20 (current International rate for USPS Priority Mail). Kansas residents please remember to add 8.95% sales tax.
Other CDs include:
Castle & Cross Consort
The Stoney Path
The second CD (released originally as a tape) includes beautiful and ancient dances, pavanes, canzons and galliards of the Renaissance, and the familiar Greensleeves.
“The Stoney Path" is a must-have for fans of this long-established consort! These are charming Renaissance treasures, artfully performed on recorders, harp, krumhorns, and the fascinating, rarely-heard medieval hurdy-gurdy.
1. Bonny Sweet Robin
2. Earle of Salisbury Galiardo
3. Noel's Galliard
4. J'ay tant bon credit
5. Hey, ho! To the Greenwood
6. Pavane de la Guerre & Galliard de la Guerre
7. The Donkey Carol
8. The Nightingale
9. S'on me regarde
11. Come Ye Down, Merrie Mary
12. Flos Filius Eius
13. Coragon triste, sofrid
14. Galliard, Pavane & Corranta
15. The Stoney Path
16. Nous voyons que les hommes
17. Virgo Sancta Katherina
18. Fair Phyllis I Saw Sitting All ALone
19. Pase elagoa, ma Julieta, dama
20. Spanish Pavan
22. Somebody / Brian Boru
A Circle of Seasons
This album is a real "year-around treasure!" Whatever season, you can find music to compliment it, here.
The spring numbers are mostly romantic love songs from the 16th century. They conjure up images of "fair maidens'" and "dashing lords." The summer songs are carefree and sunny and mostly from the twentieth century.
The autumn group highlights music by Consort member, James Mosher: a delicate "Fairy danse," and another piece by Clark, the lively "Arundel Castle."
Winter songs sing of holiday merriment and festivities and include favorite carols, like "Silent Night" and "I Saw Three Ships," among others. The unique variety of music makes this a must-have album for Consort connoisseurs and everyone who likes delightfully pure tones, fine nuance and jovial style. Wonderfully pleasing, relaxing and enjoyable!
2. In These Delightful, Pleasant Groves
3. April Is My Mistress' Face
4. Now Is the Month of Maying
5. I Know a Young Maiden Wondrous Fair
6. Morir Non Puo'l Mio Core
7. Gay Little Nymph
8. Fair Phyllis I Saw Sitting All Alone
9. The Bright Sun
10. Four Miniature Dances: Why Granmaw?
11. Four Miniature Dances: Hide and Seek
12. Four Miniature Dances: Cloud Shadows
13. Four Miniature Dances: First Love
14. Rendsburger Dance 1
15. Rendsburger Dance 2
16. Rendsburger Dance 3
17. Rendsburger Dance 4
18. Rendsburger Dance 5
19. Rendsburger Dance 6
20. Arundel Castle
21. Io Mi Son Giovinetta
22. Vray Dieu D'amours
23. Fairy Danse
24. Serenade in C
25. Ukranian Carol
26. I Wonder As I Wander
27. Sussex Carol / I Saw Three Ships
28. What Is That Lovely Fragrance? 1
29. Joseph, Lieber Joseph Mein
30. Sans Day Carol / the Holly and the Ivy
32. Silent Night (plus a 'secret' track)
CDs I've been fortunate to have helped Pamela Bruner record:
I play winds (Flute, Oboe, English horn, Recorders, Pennywhistle & even sing on "Irish Journeys") Titles in blue are linked to a sample. Click on them to listen.
This CD is enhanced with a slideshow of David & Pamela’s trip to Ireland, and features rollicking songs, jigs, and reels, with Pamela's voice and harp, as well as fiddle and pennywhistle. An Irish lover's dream come true!
1. Ripples in the Rock Pool/Kiss of the Fiddle
2. The Roving Galway Boy/The Red-Haired
3. Fiddler's Green
4. The Cliffs of Moher/The Trip to Sligo
5. Mairi's Wedding/Haste to the Wedding
6. An Irish B&B/Inisheer
7. Mrs. O'Leary's Irish Cake
8. The Book of Kells/The Black Nag
9. In a Kilkenny Pub/The King of Rome
10. Banish Misfortune
11. Cockles and Mussels
12. O'Carolan Ladies (Eleanor Plunkett and Bridget Cruise)
13. Hills of Connemara
14. The Blarney Pilgrim/The Kesh Jig
15. Come By the Hills
Total Running Time: 61:07
Wind Beneath My Wings
Pamela brings us some of the most popular love songs of our time utilizing her unique blend of harp, voice, cello and wind instruments.
1. My Heart Will Go On
2. Annie's Song
3. Somewhere Out There
4. Tara Theme
5. Through the Eyes of Love
6. Can't Help Falling in Love
7. I Love Who I Am When I'm With You
8. Wind Beneath My Wings
9. Unchained Melody
10. The Rose
11. My Cup Runneth Over
12. The Wedding Song
13. Somewhere in Time
Total Running Time: 57:15
A Wild Rose
A beautiful collection of favorite Celtic love songs, these haunting melodies will linger in your soul.
1. The Water is Wide
2. Lakes of Ponchartrain
3. Ode to Brigit
5. If I Was a Blackbird
6. Wild Mountain Thyme
7. She Moved Through the Fair
8. Demeter's Daughter
9. Fear a Bhata (The Boatman)
10. Jock o' Hazeldean
11. Star of the County Down
12. Loch Tay Boat Song
13. Laddie Lie Near Me
Total Running Time: 58:40 min
Pamela composed this entire collection of instrumental music for relaxation, meditation, or massage. A great way to unwind and invite in peace and serenity.
1. Midsummer Meadow
4. Valerie's Song
6. Dragonfly Waltz
7. Forest Stroll
8. Pacific Waves
9. Estella's Fancy
10. Setting Sail
12. Gathering Dusk
Total Running Time: 62:59
Music in the Glen
This lively collection of traditional Celtic tunes features harp combined with hammered dulcimer and recorder. As one fan notes, "This CD is a real charmer, light and lilting, with a delicate good cheer ... conjuring images of misty glens and romantic vales."
1. Merrily Kiss the Quaker/Merrily Danced the Quaker
2. Fairy Dance/Rakes of Mallow
3. Maid at the Spinning Wheel
4. Shebeg Sheemore
5. Road to Lisdoonvarna/Drowsy Maggie
6. Carolan's Draught/Morpath's Rant
7. The Ash Grove
8. Miss Brown's Fancy/Smash the Windows
9. Moving Cloud
10. Southwind/Hammond's Bridge
11. John O'Connor/Fanny Po'er
12. Rosita's Song
13. Tobin's Favorite/Music in the Glen
Total running time: 52:06
The Gentle Maiden
This album will transport you to a place of peace and tranquility with the quiet sounds of the Celtic harp, cello, and woodwinds playing traditional Celtic music. It's perfect for background music, massage, or simply relaxing in the evening.
1. The Moonlit Lake (P. Bruner)
2. Gossamer Gate (S. Thormahlen)
3. The Mermaid's Song (Ireland)
4. Rorate (Scotland)
5. Gaelic Melody/Parting Glass (Ireland)
6. In the Fields (P. Bruner)
7. Arran Boat Song (Ireland)
8. Bonny Portmore (Ireland)
9. Bridget O'Malley (Ireland)
10. Song for a Whale (S. Thormahlen)
11. Danny Boy (Ireland)
12. The Gentle Maiden (Ireland)
13. The Fair-Haired Boy (Ireland)
Total Running Time: 59:02
An Abundance of Time
Songs of inspiration and joy, comfort and healing. This wonderful collection of Pamela's original work, arranged for harp, voice, cello, and winds, will enrich your day and leave you feeling great about yourself and the world. Includes Pamela's moving September 11 song "Who I Choose to Be."
1. So I Say Thank You
2. The Other World
3. Music of My Heart
4. Boxing with Shadows
5. We Leave with Promises
6. Like She Was
7. You Have a Gift
8. Sour Grapes
9. Rorschach in D Minor
11. Haiku Moon
12. The Lady and the Unicorn
13. Keeping the Demons at Bay
14. An Abundance of Time
15. Who I Choose to Be
Total Running Time: 60:45
On Christmas Morn
This collection of unusual seasonal music features harp and voice, arranged with English horn, oboe, violin, cello, and bassoon for a rich, moving tribute to the Christmas season. Many of these songs are sung in their original languages.
1. French Medley
2. Dom Oiche ud imBeithel (Irish)
3. Masters in this Hall/Glenlivet (French/Scottish)
4. St. Columba's Hymn (Manx)
5. Christ Child Lullaby (Scottish)
6. Christmas Day I Da Mornin'/I Saw Three Ships (Shetland Islands/French)
8. In Praise of Christmas (English)
9. Lo, How a Rose (German)
10. Ukranian Carol
11. Jak Jsi Krasne, Nevinatko (Czech)
12. Greensleeves (English)
13. Dona Nobis Pacem
14. Sleep Soond I Da Mornin' (Shetland Islands)
Total running time: 53:08
Some Enchanted Evening
A classic collection of tunes from Broadway musicals and the silver screen.
1. Some Enchanted Evening (South Pacific)
2. Try to Remember (The Fantasticks)
3. How Could I Ever Know? (The Secret Garden)
4. Moon River (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
5. Memory (Cats)
6. I Don't Know How to Love Him (Jesus Christ Superstar)
7. Feed the Birds (Mary Poppins)
8. Music of the Night/Think of Me/All I Ask of You (Phantom of the Opera)
9. Sunrise, Sunset (Fiddler on the Roof)
10. I Know Him So Well (Chess)
11. Send in the Clowns (A Little Night Music)
12. Edelweiss (The Sound of Music)
13. (Somewhere) Over the Rainbow (The Wizard of Oz)
Total Running Time: 60:13
'Till We Meet Again
A lovely collection of traditional Celtic songs of love, longing, and hope, all sung from a woman's point of view.
1. Harp Song of the Dane Women (R. Kipling)
2. Loch Lomond (Scotland)
3. Bonnie at Morn (Scotland)
4. Beloved, When Will You Return? (Scotland)
5. Lament for Mary, Quees of Scots (R. Burns)
6. The Snows (Ireland)
7. Skye Boat Song (Scotland)
8. Shule Aroon (Ireland)
9. Weel Mary the Keel Row (Scotland)
10. Silent O Moyle (Ireland)
11. John Anderson My Jo (Scotland)
12. The Fairy's Love Song (Ireland)
13. Land o' the Leal (Lady Nairne)
Total running time: 53:00